Monday, January 13, 2014

In a nutshell

September 13, 2003....I was in a motorcycle accident on south bound us 31 just past the draw bridge in Grand Haven Michigan. The accident left me unable to use and feel my right arm due to damage to my Brachial Plexus. 7 months later in May of 2004 I visited the University of Michigan for a nerve graph surgery were they took nerves out of my right leg and replaced the damaged areas in my neck. After this I continued to live my life with work as a Drafter and enjoying my love of the water and being outdoors. From mountain biking to snowmobiling, nothing really slows me down. If I can't figure out how to do something I have friends and family that are always willing to help figure out a way that it can be done. I have slowly gotten some sensation back in the arm but not enough to keep it. After 10 years of putting my arm in a sling or making sure it was in a safe place and the constant wait of a dead arm pulling on my shoulder I have decided to remove the arm that I have been attached to for so many years. With the support of my family, friends and a loving strong wife this journey will have good times and bad times but it is necessary for me to take my life back.   -Shaun

3 comments:

  1. Love you guys...One of my favorite customers from JW`s..and where I got to know you Shaun and so very glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you had to go through that accident. I'm glad that the incident had you enjoying life to the fullest. I really hope that your arm is feeling better these days. I'm sorry that your damaged arm recurred after ten years. Please keep us updated. All the best! :)

    Roman Barnes @ Johnson & Johnson Law Firm

    ReplyDelete